At 1:30 am on
the morning of May 5, 1999, a passerby
observed thirty-foot flames shooting up from
the building. The fire department could do
nothing but protect the neighboring buildings.
All that remained was blackened timbers and,
shell of the steeple we had planned to remove
because it was structurally unsound.
Everything was lost - furniture, china, flats,
costumes, props, piano, stove, computer, and
memorabilia – the Players home.
That fire remains the largest unsolved
fire in Oneida County.